Sunday, January 8, 2017

2017 Reading Challenges TBR List!





Challenge: Historical Romance Challenge
Why I Signed Up: I love historical romance but want to challenge myself to read more and to expand outside of the typical regency universe.
# of Books: 2/50 (Queen)
Categories: Victorian, Diverse, Western, Pirate, Regency, Time Travel, Medieval
TBR: Check it out on my Goodreads shelf here!



Challenge: Contemporary Romance Challenge
Hosted By: Andi's ABCs
Why I Signed Up: To me, contemporary romance is like comfort food and it's my go-to genre for when I need to decompress and relax. I want to challenge myself to read more in this genre as part of my self-care mission for 2017!
# of Books: 2/20 (Home Run)
TBR: Check out my Goodreads shelf for the challenge.


Challenge: Around the Year in 52 Books
Hosted By: Goodreads
Why I Signed Up: I attempted this challenge last year and read 49/52 planned books. This year, I took more care selecting the books for each category so that I wouldn't give up on books that I didn't enjoy. It's a fun challenge because it takes you outside of your comfort zone.
# of Books: 3/52
TBR: This is a long list! View on my Goodreads shelf.

Challenge: Modern Mrs. Darcy Challenge
Hosted By: Modern Mrs. Darcy
Why I Signed Up: I love Anne's blog and podcast, and I thought her categories were perfect for selecting books that I own and need an excuse to finally read.
# of Books: 0/12
TBR: The shortest list by far, and mostly books that I own.

That's it for now! I really need to stop signing up for challenges, but I really cannot resist. I love making the TBR lists. I'll keep updating this post as I read more books for each challenge, and will keep my Goodread shelves updated as well. Looking forward to a diverse reading life for 2017!

3 comments:

  1. I love challenges and TBR lists, too! But I've had to cut down on the challenges because it was just too depressing when I don't meet them! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't help making lists even though I'll probably totally change them within a few weeks! I try not to get too down if I can't finish a challenge, but I'm hoping I can make mine this year cause there's just sooo many good books to read!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete