Friday, January 11, 2019

2019 Reading Goals


Since we're almost 2 weeks into 2019, I figured I should probably post my reading goals for the year before it's too late for them to be New Year's Resolutions. Luckily, I ended 2018 on a really good note in my reading life, having had a month of regular reading and plenty of four and five star reads. My awesome end to 2018 (in terms of reading at least) made me pretty optimistic about how my bookish life will look in 2019, and we'll see if my expectations live up to reality.

Looking Back on 2018

Happy New Year from me and Fabio
Not gonna lie, I had a harding time getting back into reading around the start of 2018. I had to read a lot of books for an award committee that I was on, which meant reading quite a few books I wouldn't normally read, and it's really draining to have to read something as opposed to choosing to read it. I had a flashback to being in college and being forced to read Frankenstein and hating it; had I chose to read it, maybe I would have been less critical. But every now and then, I would read a book that would make me want to keep reading, and by November I was getting back into it. I started a new job and was able to have more time in the mornings before work to read, and have just been in a better head space in general which made me want to take care of myself during my downtime with my favorite thing- reading.

Booknerd highlight: taking a photo with Fabio on New Year's Eve. I fangirled just a little bit.

Favorite Reads of 2018

  

  
  

Challenges


Goal: Read 25 contemporary romance books


Goal: Read 25 historical fiction books


Goal: Ready for 24 of 48 hours 1/26/19 - 1/27/19


Goal: Read 52 books that fit categories designated for 52 weeks


Reading Resolutions
  • Read what feels good and don't feel bad about quitting a book
  • Read more books that I own
  • Borrow ebooks from the library instead of buying them, as I usually don't re-read them
  • Try authors I've never read before
  • Keep reading diverse books
  • Prioritize reading and reviewing ARCs I am approved for on NetGalley


How about you? Do you set reading goals for the year or just play it by ear? Signed up for any challenges? Leave them below! I'm always looking for more challenges, as if I don't have enough books to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment