Friday, January 25, 2019

24 in 48 Read-a-thon!


This is my first year participating in the 24 in 48 Read-A-Thon and I'm so excited! The goal is to read for 24 of 48 hours over the weekend of January 26 - 27, and is a way to challenge yourself to really set aside time to read. This post will be where I'll post my updates on my progress over the weekend! I'll also be posting to my stories over on my Instagram so be sure to follow me there too!

Are you participating in the read-a-thon? What are you planning to read this weekend? How will you divide your time? Keep in touch over the next 48 hours in the comments!

Friday, January 25 @ 9:00 PM - The Challenge Begins!
I'm on the West Coast, so I decided to join the challenge in real-time and started at 9 PM on Friday night and read until like 12:30 AM or so. I'm more of a morning person than a night person because I'm an old librarian.

Books Read:
Books Started:

Saturday, January 26
Got back to it at about 7:00 AM on Saturday morning! Brewed coffee, made some toast, and finished Hearts Unbroken (which I highly recommend). I worked out then started a short story collection because I had an aerial silks class at 11:30 and it seemed the easiest way to get some reading in before. However, the collection I chose traumatized me 2 stories in and I had to give it up. I went to my class, came home, made a snack platter, and dove into Melmoth. A slow but good book, I took a break from it with Paperback Crush, a history of all the books I loved reading as a tween. Got back into Melmoth and I'm about 3/4 of the way through, so will finish that today. Also started A Princess in Theory because I thought the other book might put me to sleep. I am, however, I an old baby because I gave up around 11:30 PM and set my alarm for 6:30 AM. I put in 13.5 hours so far!

Books Finished:
 

Books DNF:

Books Started:
 

Sunday, January 27
I did it, I did it! I also managed to reset my timer at about 17 hours in, so I didn't get the epic 24 hour screenshot and almost lost my damn mind. However, I did manage to read for 24 hours of 48 hours! I was kind of exhausted by the end and just ended up finishing the last five hours listening to a Tessa Dare audiobook while cooking dinner.

Books Finished:

Books Started:

Total Books Read: 5.5
Total Pages Read: 1,643

Overall, I had a blast trying to read this much and also keeping up with everyone else's readathons. I hope to participate in the summer edition!

No comments:

Post a Comment