Monday, March 27, 2017

Unboxing: March Ever After Box


I started subscribing to Ever After Box in February, and was very excited about this month's theme: Sexy Shifters! I haven't read a ton of paranormal or shifter romance, so I figured my odds were good for not receiving a book I already owned. Ever After Box is always romance-centric with a new theme every month. Each box contains at least two books, ebook download codes, and cute accessories that match the monthly theme. Details about what I received below the jump!



Two books, one short story, and ebook downloads!
First, the books. Every subscriber received The Shifter Romances the Writer by Kristen Painter, which is a paranormal series that takes place in Nocturne Falls, a town that celebrates Halloween 365 days out of the year. As a big Halloween fan, I'm super excited to find out about this series. This is the latest book, book #6, but it seems like a series you can start anywhere with, so I'm okay with starting at the newest title. The premise of the romance is a regular human (who is a romance writer, of course) meets a handsome sheriff who is secretly a panther shifter. Sounds intriguing! The second book in the box was a random pick from erotica author Crystal Jordan; I received On the Prowl, which contains three stories in one book. It's an older title (2009), and definitely not something I would have picked up on my own. I read the first chapter and the warning on the back of the book was definitely warranted! Also included: a short story by Kathy Lyons, and two ebook downloads. 

Bookish trinkets!

Werewolf soap! Yes please!
Also included in this month's box: a Beauty and the Beast-inspired necklace (which I will probably give to my niece, as Disney stuff is not my thing), a super cute Beauty and the Beast zippered pouch, a Nocturne Falls badge, a moon-shaped notepad, and a really adorable mini soap scented 'Werewolf Watermelon'. I love the little pouch as it's perfect for small desk goodies, and I alway welcome more notepads. The badge is a fun, unique bookish trinket, which I love collecting, but I was most excited for the little soap. It smells great, and the packaging is very cute.

I think I enjoyed this month's box even more than last month. Overall this box is a really good value and contains unique surprises in addition to the books. Next month's theme is even more awesome: Librarians in Love. As a librarian, I'm pretty excited to see what librarian-themed romances they send, and as an awesome bonus, Ever After Box is donating part of the proceeds to libraries. Funding for libraries is always in danger, but current the political climate is making that tenuous funding even more threatened. Besides subscribing to next month's box, I highly recommend stopping by your local library and getting a library card, even if you think you won't use it (trust me, you will), and see what they have to offer your community. You may be surprised! Anyway, I'm loving this subscription box so far and will definitely post when the librarian-themed box arrives in April. 

Until then, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment