Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Unboxing: February Ever After Box


In my previous post on book subscription boxes, I mentioned the Ever After Box and thought I would share my most recent unboxing here! This box is romance-centric and includes two print books, download codes for ebooks, and cute extras and accessories that tie in to the monthly theme. You can pay by the box, or choose a subscription. I opted to buy the three month non-renewing subscription so I could get a good idea of what I would be getting every month and determine if I wanted to keep renewing. Keep reading to see what goodies I got in February!


February Theme: Fairy Tale
The theme for February, month of Valentine's and all things romance-related, was Fairy Tale. I love fairy tales so I thought that this theme was super cute and I was really excited to see what books would be included. I don't own a lot of print romance books as I usually opt for ebooks or check them out from the library, so I thought this box would be a safe bet that I would receive a book that I already owned.
Book picks of the month, plus a cute fairy tale coaster.
Alas, it was not meant to be. I own the hardcover of The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh (love it, by the way), and since the paperback just came out it was included in the box. This book is a sort of retelling of 1,001 Arabian Nights, so it makes sense that it was part of the Fairy Tale box. And although the new cover is gorgeous, I may end up either gifting this one, or including it in a book giveaway here on the blog.  The other book included, Once Upon a Curse, is new to me and is an anthology of "dark faerie tales", which looks promising. It has a 3.66 average rating on Goodreads and features 17 stories from authors that I haven't read yet, so that was a nice surprise. When you receive a box, there is one set book for everyone and an alt book that could be any of three. I think the one I received was a good pick. Plus, there was a download card for two other books in ebook format.

All of the spoils from the month!
Besides the books, the box also included a super cute zippered tote bag exclusive to the box, a notepad, a coaster, and a little faux glass slipper with candies inside. I thought each item was a fun way to tie in to the theme, and I especially like the tote bag. A booknerd can never have too many bookish tote bags, in my opinion.

Overall, this box was a lot of fun to receive. It was like unwrapping a care package from a friend, or a really good gift to yourself. The books were really good picks (even if I already read one of them), and I like the ebook download feature. The tote bag was the main prize of the box, and I think it was a really nice swag item. I'm really excited to see what is included in next month's box, which I believe is shifter themed.

That's all for this unboxing, until my March box arrives! Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment