Tuesday, March 14, 2017

What I Can't Wait to Read: YA 2017

Release date: March 14th, 2017 (today!)

This contemporary, geek-centric story focuses on best friends, fandom, a super convention, and what happens when lifelong friendships evolve into something more. It sounds super cute and like a lot of fun to read, plus the hot pink hair on the cover is amazing. I'm really looking forward to picking this one up now that it's out!

Release date: May 30th, 2017

I am always looking for more YA books with Asian heroines, and the addition of K dramas in this book takes my fangirling for this release over the top. High school senior Desi Lee decides to take some inspiration from K drama in hopes of winning over her crush, and something tells me that won't go exactly as planned. Plus, the cover is so cute! 

Release date: May 30th, 2017

I'm not going to lie, the cover definitely pulled me in to add this book to my TBR. The colors and the sheer joy in the cover make this book look like a really fun read. Plus, this book focuses on a contemporary romance between opposites and I love opposites attract love stories. 

Release date: May 2nd, 2017

Although the Lara Jean books were intended as a duology, I was thrilled when Jenny Han announced a third installment. I loved Lara Jean's love story with Peter, going from a pretend romance to something real, and enjoyed watching her character grow and evolve on her own without her older sister present to shape her life. Some readers find Jenny Han books a bit too sappy, but I think she balances it out with a good dose of humor. I pre-ordered this one and will probably due a review of the whole series once I read it.

Release date: May 9th, 2017

This book is billed as Gilmore Girls with magical realism, which means I added it to my TBR immediately. I'm not sure how apt that comparison is, but it also is a sort-of retelling of Wuthering Heights, which I also find intriguing. Hopefully the male lead in this book isn't as terrible as Heathcliff, but you never know. It still sounds like a fun read and I can't wait to check it out!


Release date: August 8th, 2017

Again, the font and cover design definitely drew me in to this one, but I'm also intrigued by the story of an Iranian-American teen, Daria, who is proud of her culture and background but still learning more about it, not all of which she agrees with. I love contemporary YA about self-discovery and figuring out how to stay true to yourself, so this sounds like a good read.

Release date: July 18th, 2017

I had to throw a fantasy title in here since all my most anticipated reads seem to be contemporaries. Plus, look at the cover of this book! This book infuses fantasy with Indian folklore and follows the story of Princess Amrita who begins the story offering herself as a bride to save her people, but ends up a fugitive and on the run. I have high hopes for this book!

Release date: July 11th, 2017
This looks like a fun summer read in the vein of Morgan Matson, and follows Becca as she moves to L.A. in hopes of making it as an actress. It sounds like a fun, inspirational book and I'm intrigued by the possible love interest not being a white guy (his name is Raj). Also, how cute is the font for the title?!

Release date: September 19th, 2017
This one is coming out a little later this year than the other books I'm excited about, but I had to include it. I loved Jennifer Mathieu's Devoted, and when I saw she had a new book coming out I added it to my TBR right away. Plus, the main character in this book is the child of a 90's riot grrrl who decides to fight the patriarchy at her high school with zine making (I may have written my senior thesis on 90's riot grrrl and third wave feminism). It sounds so, so good!

Note: release dates are what is listed on Goodreads, and may change in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment